This tour is a magnificent journey through the former Habsburg Empire. It starts and ends in Munich with an orientation of the city. Along the way, overnight in Prague, Budapest, Vienna, and Salzburg.Enjoy guided sightseeing of the must-see attractions: in Prague, visiting the 1,000-year-old Hradcany Castle grounds, the largest castle complex in the world, and the Astronomical Clock, built in 1410 and once the envy of all Europe; in Budapest, enjoy a panoramic view of the city from Fishermen's Bastion and visit 13th-century Matthias Coronation Church, the coronation spot of several Hungarian monarchs; and in Vienna, where, among the many sights, you'll visit awesome St. Stephen's Cathedral, a symbol of Vienna. In Salzburg, your walking tour includes beautiful Mirabell Gardens and magnificent Residenz Square. Spectacular scenery also awaits you on this Central Europe vacation. Drive through the lovely Salzkammergut Lakeland to picturesque Salzburg; and enjoy a leisurely Danube cruise with Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake) along the most scenic section of the river. These special experiences-together with a visit to the famous Hofbrauhaus, Munich's best-known beer hall dating back to 1589, and a farewell dinner at Munich's lively Ratskeller restaurant-are included by Globus to ensure your vacation is unique.From the vibrant cities and historical sights to the special experiences, this Central Europe tour is sure to delight all of your senses. Let Globus handle the details while you sit back, relax, and enjoy this amazing experience!
Call (919) 889-4900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15133394
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Welcome to Munich! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Prague||Germany's 'Secret Capital' comes alive during an orientation featuring the Olympic Stadium, built for the 1972 Olympics; the 1,000-foot-high Olympic Tower; and the Konigsplatz, used for Nazi rallies during World War II. Drive along the Ludwigstrasse, and see the Bavarian Arch of Triumph and Field Marshall Hall, a monumental loggia on the Odeonsplatz. Then visit lively MARIENPLATZ with the Old and the New Town Halls and the gothic Frauenkirche. Later, head for Prague, the 'Golden City.' This evening, why not join an optional outing to explore Prague by night?Today's Distance: 255 mi / 410 km (B,D)|
|Day 3||Prague||Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide reveals why Prague is considered one of Europe's most exquisite cities. Visit the 1,000-year-old HRADCANY CASTLE GROUNDS, which afford lovely views of St. Vitus Cathedral and the castle's walls and bastions. Also see the Old Town, the Jewish ghetto, and the ASTRONOMICAL CLOCK, once the envy of all Europe. Optional excursions are available to make the most of your stay. (B)|
|Day 4||Budapest||Into Moravia, where Napoleon established his headquarters during the Battle of Austerlitz, and arrive in Bratislava, capital of Slovakia, for an orientation of the 18th-century Old Town. Then, follow the course of the Danube River to Budapest.Today's Distance: 329 mi / 530 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||Budapest||Eastern Europe's most cosmopolitan city comes to life during your guided sightseeing. See elegant Andrassy Avenue, the Thermal Baths, and the world's second-largest Jewish synagogue. From the lookout towers of Fishermen's Bastion, enjoy a panoramic view of the sprawling city. Then, visit the 13th-century MATTHIAS CORONATION CHURCH and impressive Heroes' Square. Afternoon at leisure. Tonight, a delectable optional Hungarian specialty dinner is at hand. (B)|
|Day 6||Vienna||Drive through the Hungarian plains to Vienna, once the center of the mighty Habsburg Empire. Meet your Local Guide and start your afternoon sightseeing with a drive along the elegant Ringstrasse. Pass the impressive State Opera House, the Jewish quarter, and stop at the Hofburg Palace, winter residence of the Austrian imperial family. Marvel at the impressive courtyards and famous Heldenplatz, and visit awesome ST. STEPHEN'S CATHEDRAL.Today's Distance: 174 mi / 280 km (B)|
|Day 7||Vienna||A full day at leisure gives you the opportunity to join exciting optional excursions, such as to the Vienna Woods, historic Schonbrunn Palace, a concert in one of Vienna's concert halls, or to just explore this magnificent city on your own. (B)|
|Day 8||Salzburg||On a [LF] DANUBE CRUISE along the most scenic section of the river, sit back, relax and enjoy Kaffee und Kuchen (coffee and cake), before continuing through the lovely Salzkammergut Lakeland to Salzburg. Follow your Local Guide for a walking tour through the historical center. Admire MIRABELL GARDENS, the Great Festival Hall, St. Peter's Monastery, and magnificent RESIDENZ SQUARE, where some scenes of The Sound of Music movie were filmed. Take pictures of Mozart's birthplace in the charming Getreidegasse. This evening, dinner has been prepared at the St. Peter Stiftskeller.Today's Distance: 211 mi / 340 km (B,D)|
|Day 9||Munich||In the morning, an optional excursion to Berchtesgaden, Hitler's Eagle's Nest, is available before returning to Munich. The best way to say auf Wiedersehen is a [LF] visit to the famous HOFBRaUHAUS, Munich's best-known beer hall, dating back to 1589, followed by a farewell dinner at the lively Ratskeller restaurant.Today's Distance: 106 mi / 170 km (B,D)|
|Day 10||Munich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $660-$1340Triple room reduction per person: $30Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).