When you think of a vacation to Germany, what comes to mind? Perhaps it's visiting fairy tale castles and medieval towns. Perhaps it's seeing the Bavarian Alps and beautiful countryside. Perhaps it's savouring German food and beer. If so, all of this and more is included on this marvellous Germany tour from Berlin to Munich.Sightseeing in the main cities includes the must-see sights. Visit Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church in Berlin, badly damaged during the war and today a symbol of reconciliation, in Dresden walk in the courtyard of Zwinger Palace, one of Germany's best-known baroque buildings. In Munich, visit the lively Marienplatz with its Old and New Town Halls. Here, observe the famous Glockenspiel, which re-creates a 16th-century wedding. Stop in Weimar, fora pleasant orientation walk through the town and to its characteristic market square, and in Oberammergau, see the theatre where the Passion Play is held every ten years.Highlights of this Germany tour are a drive along the Romantic Road past small villages to Neuschwanstein Castle, the fairy-tale castle of King Ludwig II nestled in the beautiful Bavarian Alps. Another unique experience Globus has included on this Germany tour is an overnight in medieval Rothenburg with its ramparts and towers, cobblestone lanes, and 16th-century houses. Of course, no vacation to Germany is complete without experiencing a lively Biergarten, and Globus has included a farewell dinner at one in Munich. Throughout this Germany tour, you'll be accompanied by a Tour Director who knows the ins and outs of Germany-its history, secrets, culture, and language. So all you have to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy this fantastic Germany tour!
Call (919) 889-4900 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15133339
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Berlin||Time to rest or to start exploring the German capital. At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Berlin||Sightseeing with a Local Guide in the once-divided metropolis includes the boulevard Unter den Linden. See its historical buildings like the Berlin Cathedral, State Opera House, and the Museum Island. Make a picture stop at monumental Brandenburg Gate, and see the restored Reichstag, the 210-foot Victory Column in the vast Tiergarten Park, Charlottenburg Palace, and the elegant Ku-Damm. Visit the KAISER WILHELM MEMORIAL CHURCH with its bomb-damaged bell tower, take pictures of the Holocaust Memorial, and pass the former Allied Checkpoint Charlie. Afternoon and evening are at leisure, or choose from a selection of optional excursions. (B)|
|Day 3||Dresden||Dresden, the former capital of Saxony, badly damaged by Allied bombing in February 1945, has since been restored to its baroque splendor. During your guided walking tour, visit the Zwinger Palace COURTYARD to admire its impressive architecture; the magnificent baroque Semper Opera, originally built in 1841, once destroyed by fire, then destroyed by bombing, and finally restored in 1985; and the newly rebuilt Frauenkirche.Today's Distance: 124 mi / 200 km (B)|
|Day 4||Rothenburg||In Weimar, follow your Tour Director for a pleasant walk to the MARKET SQUARE with its renaissance houses and the Town Hall. Highlight is [LF] an overnight stay in medieval Rothenburg. Hear how the town survived the Thirty Years' War and step back in time while you wander through cobblestone lanes. Take pictures of the ramparts and towers, admire the 16th-century houses, and shop for Christmas ornaments, for which the town is famous.Today's Distance: 280 mi / 450 km (B)|
|Day 5||Neuschwanstein||Drive along the scenic Romantic Road past small villages and towards the Bavarian Alps, where two of Bavaria's most famous castles can be found: Hohenschwangau Castle, where King Ludwig spent much of his youth, and [LF] NEUSCHWANSTEIN CASTLE, which you will visit with a Local Guide. This castle became the most famous of all and was inspiration for Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle.Today's Distance: 186 mi / 300 km (B)|
|Day 6||Munich||Stop in the quaint village of Oberammergau and see the theater where the Passion Play is held every ten years, and the Bavarian houses with fairy tale scenes painted on their walls, before continuing to Munich. Discover Germany's 'Secret Capital' with your Local Guide who will show you the Olympic Stadium, built for the 1972 Olympics, the 1,000-foot-high Olympic Tower, Nymphenburg Palace, the Ludwigstrasse, the Bavarian Arch of Triumph, and Field Marshall Hall, a monumental loggia on the Odeonsplatz. Also see the Konigsplatz, used for Nazi rallies during World War II, and the gothic Frauenkirche. Visit MARIENPLATZ with its Old and New Town Halls and the famous Glockenspiel.Today's Distance: 106 mi / 170 km (B)|
|Day 7||Munich||A full day at leisure offers the opportunity to join an optional excursion to Dachau, the former concentration camp near Munich. In the evening, [LF] a farewell dinner at a lively Biergarten is the best way to celebrate your German stay. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Munich||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $420-$1200Triple room reduction per person: $30Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).